Monday, March 5, 2018

Heart 2 Heart Challenge: Seasonal Expressions 1 Cover

Welcome to this week's Heart 2 Heart Challenge where we were asked to create something based on inspiration gained from this front cover of our Seasonal Expressions I Idea Book. It contains new product released on January 1, available until the end of April, while supplies last. You can view a digital version by clicking here or can receive a hard copy by placing an order on my website or contact me directly. If you're like me, you like flipping through pages and physically tagging them for ideas to use on future artwork items.
For this challenge artwork, I decided to alter a journal (based on the shared idea by my friend, Katy - thanks, Katy). Altering inexpensive items found many places is one of the things that attracted me to papercrafting with Close To My Heart more than 22 years ago. I love that I can buy something at a great price and then make it my own, which is what I did here.

I picked this book because of the black border that I could avoid in my design. It's also pretty think and has some cute lined paper, in turquoise. This was purchased at Dollar General for $2. Now...to see how I prettied it up!
Using the Gimme Some Sugar paper pack and coordinating cardstock, Peacock (one of my new favorite colors) and Bashful, I created this front cover. Isn't it fun? It makes me super happy and yes, I will be using it! (I've already written in it, in fact.) Fab thing is, when I use up all the paper in this notebook, I can go buy another one and transfer the front cover to it. Ha!

I did add White Glitter Paper - the small banner on the top right, below the gingham Zip Strip, Peacock-stitched Ribbon, and White Dots that I colored with the Tender Pink ShinHan Marker.
And that stamp set...you like it, don't you?! :) It is totally adorable and currently included in the Consultant Kit! This is the first time I have used it and want to use some of the other fun images. Who knows? Maybe you'll get something I make with it. (If you want to consider joining my team, click the link for more information. I am happy to answer any questions you may have.)

Come join us at Heart 2 Heart and link your artwork creation to this themed challenge, or any others in the month of March. Be sure to use at least one Close To My Heart product in your artwork. I look forward to seeing it there!



2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love what you've done, and those stamps are super fun! What a smart way to put products in consultants' hands that are also extremely useful for their business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should use #prettyitup as a new hashtag! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!