Monday, February 19, 2018

Sunny Days: Heart 2 Heart Challenge

Welcome to this week's Heart to Heart Challenge where we are using Close To My Heart products to create artwork aligned with the theme, "Sunny Days". To participate, simply head over to the blog and provide your link at the bottom of the associated post; that's it! In fact, you can participate in other February challenges while you're there. We love seeing what you create!
We are experiencing some cloudy and rainy days in the Dallas area, something I don't mind because it gives me a reason to stay inside and papercraft. Today I decided to share this layout that I associate with these theme because it is giving tribute to a friend, one who is sure to bring a sunny day to a not-so-fun one. I am sure to experience a smile whenever we chat. Sometimes that is done via text or messenger but on occasions like this one, it was done in person!
I had the opportunity to visit my friend, Kim, in her new home in Kansas City in early December. It was such a great visit with her and her family. We were never without coffee, delicious food, entertaining chats and other fun experiences.
I used the Gimme Some Sugar product line to create the layout. While it was cold and chilly in KC, I loved the patterns in this paper pack and the embellishments that made for a layout worthy of memories that make me smile.
Some of the Complements (aka stickers and chipboard elements) were used to create visual clusters in a couple of areas on the layout. That bitty flower on the bottom right, is a Cork Shape (there are flowers and hearts). Cute, huh?!
These chipboard elements are part of the Complements as well. (The Bashful Gems that served as the centers are now sold out.)
Look at all the fun images included in the Gimme Some Sugar Complements.

Thanks so much for stopping by and considering joining the fun!

Check out Heart 2 Heart and participate in our weekly artwork challenges. We would love to see your creativity!

2 comments:

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!