Thursday, February 8, 2018

In Any CASE...with Melinda & Melissa

Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.

On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 7 pm CST, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.

As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

*************************************************

For this episode of "In Any CASE", I am copying this "Sending you prayers" card on the right. It incorporates a super fun technique using our Rose Embossing Folder and I can't wait to show you how it's done! 

This card is showcased in the current Annual Inspirations Idea Book on page 99. You can view the digital version online. If you want a copy of our current idea book(s), the other which Melinda is highlighting this week, you can place an order on my website or contact me directly.

Melinda is showcasing a beautiful card from the Seasonal Expressions Idea Book. I'll share more about that below. 
There were a few things I selectively edited on this card, including the sentiment. I love and appreciate the result of the layered stamp images that make my artwork look artsy, with minimal effort.

You might be wondering how I achieved that background image, using an embossing folder. It doesn't look embossed...it's not! Watch this brief but informative video on what I did to achieve this desired effect. It's super easy and fun, adding more value to your embossing folders!
So what do you think? Easy to duplicate? You bet! I hope you'll give it a try!
For your convenience in using this card pattern, I have provided a sketch based on my CASEing the artwork from Close To My Heart.

Products used:

  • Z3384 Beautiful You Stamp + Thin Cuts
  • B1536 All the Thanks (CTMH used B1563 Sending Prayers)
  • Z3343 Rose Embossing Folder
  • Z3370 White Pearls
  • Z726 Sponge Dauber
  • Cardstock: X5954 Pewter, X5974 Raspberry, 1385 White Daisy
  • Inks: Z2810 Blossom, Z2812 Raspberry, Z2850 Fern, Z3835 New England Ivy, Z2848 Sapphire
Because some of the products I used are on sale this month for the "Pretty in Pink" special, I have highlighted them for your convenience. You can get them at 25% off (or more)! Click on the link for details.
Be sure to check out my partner in CASEing, Melinda's Blog, for details on how to create the beautiful "thanks" card shown on the left in this image. You're sure to be inspired by her artwork.

Tune in again, on February 22nd, for the next episode and be sure to CASE one/all of the artwork we highlight and tag it #ctmhinanycase on social media. We'll come looking for you and you may be a prize winner! 

Wishing you a great end to your week and a wonderful weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. Soooooo pretty!!! Thanks for the tutorial...I haven't tried inking up my embossing folders yet...eeeek!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!