Friday, December 15, 2017

CTMH Technique Blog Hop - Glitter is Glamorous

Thank you so much for joining us for this month's Technique Blog Hop where we feature Close To My Heart products and fun techniques to incorporate them. Today we are highlighting all things "glitter" which includes our Glitter Paper, Shimmer Trim, and Shimmer Brush. Each of these, as well as some other products, add that little bit of sparkle that is perfect for your artwork.

If you are coming from Judy Faye's Blog, you are on the right track. There is a complete list of participants listed at the bottom of this post should you get lost along the way.

This card was made using the December Stamp of the Month and is in honor of my non-glitter-lovin' friends. I do have a couple of them. LOL
I didn't want to do a whole lot to these cards, wanting the focus to be on the puns that are the attraction of this adorable stamp set. While it needed a bit more, I didn't want anything to overpower the simple design so decided to use some Silver Shimmer Trim under the black strip of cardstock. I love how it's that little shimmer that does the trick.

So...you can use a lot of glitter - which actually makes me very happy - or you can use a little glitter, like here, that just provides that little bit of sparkle that we all sometimes need. :)

Now, head on over to Haley's Blog to see what artwork, and the other hoppers, have to share with you.

List:
1. Melissa Robinson *YOU ARE HERE*
2. Haley Dyer
3. Darlys Recker
4. Belinda McLane
5. Sarah Devendorf
6. Cat Nowak
7. Michelle Loncar
8. Annemarie Julian
9. Judy Faye Garner

9 comments:

  1. I love your bright, cheery card!! The glitter adds a nice sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a such a cute card. Love the pun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too! I'm all about the puns these days. CUTE sentiments and images.

      Delete
  3. Love the bright yellow for this card! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying so, Catherine. That Lemon really is pretty.

      Delete
  4. So cheerful! Even non-glitter-lovers can appreciate a touch of sparkle! Shimmer trim is my absolute favorite embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I hope so! Yes, it's my favorite too - adds that bit of sparkle without being overpowering. THANK YOU for commenting!

      Delete
  5. Great job keeping the focus on the funny stamp--fabulous card! That will brighten up a mailbox for sure! 🏆🏆🏆

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!