Monday, November 13, 2017

Count Your Blessings - Heart 2 Heart Challenge

For this week's Heart 2 Heart Challenge, our theme is "Count Your Blessings". You can interpret that theme however you'd like. Then, create a piece of artwork using Close To My Heart products and then link up to us on our blog.
Using quality scraps from the Workshops Your Way Falling For You Scrapbooking Kit, I created this card which perfectly aligns with the theme. Gotta love when that happens!

The sentiment is a pocket card that I trimmed to fit the space allowed. I added two patterned papers, a piece of the zip strip, and three sequins from the pack of Bronze Sequins. I also added White & Bronze Twine for a little bit of texture.
This photo shows a close-up of the chipboard Complements that were colored with the Sap Green and Marigold ShinHan Markers. A little bit of the Gold Shimmer Brush and we have a little sparkly.
These Complements come with coordinating stickers, kraft die-cuts, and three 1" badge buttons.
 Here is a photo of the Falling For You kit contents which include:
1 - Falling for You paper packet (X7223B)
1 - Falling for You Complements (X7223B)
4 - cardstock sheets (2 Pebble, 1 Toffee, 1 White Daisy)
1 - bronze sequins (Z4029)
1 - white & bronze twine (Z4030)
The design for this card came from the guide provided for this kit from Close To My Heart. You can find the document here. I altered it by allowing a 1/4" border and cutting the associated pieces as follows:
  • 4A - 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
  • 4B - 3" x 3 3/4"
  • 4C - 1 1/2" x 3 3/4"
  • 4D - 1/2" x 3 3/4"

If you have any questions about this card or the products used, please contact me, and consider linking up to us at Heart 2 Heart. I look forward to seeing your artwork there.

Have a blessed week and be sure...to count your blessings! (We have many of them even when we are faced with challenges. Don't lose sight of them.)

1 comment:

  1. this are really awesome pieces of artwork thanks for sharing them the handmade cards look really awesome keep up the good job I am really inspired by this awesome pieces mellisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!