Monday, October 30, 2017

Heart 2 Heart Challenge: Signs of the Season

This week at Heart 2 Heart, we are sharing artwork representative of "Signs of the Season".  Of course the first thing that comes to my mind is fall, changing leaves, etc. But what do I know? I live in Texas! LOL At least it has been a little chilly. I'm thankful for that. 
I decided to take out my Happy Day Cardmaking Kit and made this card, one of twelve cards (two designs). A stamp technique, called "masking", was used to make the leaf  image appear to be in the foreground of the stamped flower. Returning to one of my childhood passions, I enjoyed coloring in the images...with watercolors. Those two techniques will be highlighted in a future post.
One of the fun products incorporated into this card design is the Leaves Embossing Folder. By taking the piece of cardstock and running it through my Cuttlebug, I got the fun pattern used on the background of the card. Doesn't it look fabulous? It's super easy!
There are a lot of fabulous items contained within the kit to include:
1 - exclusive workshop stamp set (B-size)
2 - Falling for You sheets
4 - cardstock sheets (2 Espresso, 1 Saffron, 1 White Daisy)
1 - White & Gold Ribbon (Z3189)
12 - White Card Bases and Envelopes

Additional supplies needed to make this card and the others:
Archival Black Exclusive Ink Stamp Pad (Z3271) - so the watercolor doesn't cause the ink to bleed
Watercolor Paints (Z3132)
Waterbrush - Medium Round (Z3225)
Leaves Embossing Folder (Z4031)
Thin Cuts - Basic Circles (Z3318)
Thin 3-D Foam Tape (Z2060)

You can find details, or can place your order, on my website.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Link up to us by visiting our blog. Scroll to the bottom and click "add link". Be sure to use Close To My Heart products in your creation. Let me know you joined by making a comment here. I want to see what you share!

Have a blessed week!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Fall card. Love the use of the Leaves embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, best way to celebrate Halloween is by keeping a layout. These layout is really cute. However, this post requires a printout link layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!