Saturday, July 15, 2017

CTMH Technique Blog Hop - Fun with Stencils


Welcome to this month's Technique Blog Hop where we are featuring the technique of "stenciling" with the use of Close To My Heart products.

If you are coming from Kirsten's Blog, you are on the right track. You can find a complete list of participants at the end of this post.
For my card creation, I used the Thin Cuts - Basic Stars to create a stencil.
By placing the stars on the Cuttlebug plates like this, I created my template.
Then I used sponge daubers to apply Poppy and Lagoon ink to the stars. When I removed the stencil, I added a sentiment, embellishments and doodles around the edge of the piece of White Daisy cardstock.
By using the Thin Cuts to create the stencil, it allowed me the opportunity to create a very fun but simple card.

I am sure you are about to see other fun variations on creating your own stencils for unique and enjoyable artwork. Please head over to Annemarie's Blog to see what she has designed to share with you.

Thank you for joining us today!






Participants:
1. Melissa Robinson *YOU ARE HERE*
2. Annemarie Julian
3. Michelle Loncar
4. Cat Nowak
5. Judy Faye Garner
6. Darlys Recker
7. Danielle Wagner
8. Janna Gray
9. Kirsten Desorcy

10 comments:

  1. Love your card! Great idea for using the thin cuts to create a stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Stars...everyone loves stars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, everyone loves stars - I completely agree - and is the reason I chose them. Too funny! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Great way to use the thin cuts, cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. - great idea with so many possibilities - circle cuts, hearts.... and the "hello" works for so many occasions - also love the doodle lines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stars! What a fun card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!