Wednesday, May 10, 2017

National Scrapbooking Month Blog Hop

For this hop we are highlighting the beautiful and exclusive product line, "Live Beautifully", that is only available this month and while supplies last. It is a beautiful paper pack and stamp set that are perfect for celebrating National Scrapbooking Month, although I chose to use them to create a greeting card.
Live Beautifully Paper Pack
Live Beautifully Stamp Set


Live Beautifully Cut Above Kit
There are various products to purchase this month, at a great price, so be sure to check out all that is available to you by clicking here. The image of the stamp set is pictured above.

If you are coming from Sheila's Blog, you are on the right track. You can find a complete list of participants by clicking here.

I decided to create a pretty simple card incorporating the two rose and leaf images included in the stamp set, and my favorite sentiment (although I do love the other one as well).
To create this card, I stamped the roses in Lemon and Raspberry inks and used a black Journaling Pen to fill in the details on the flowers. I did the same with the leaves, first inking them in Willow, stamping off onto a scratch paper, and then rolling it again in Willow ink. That is what provided the two-tones on the leaves.
A few Gold Gems, some 3-D foam tape to add dimension, and the sentiment in Black Ink is all I added to this card. I love being able to create simple but purposeful cards that I can reproduce in a timely manner.

Consider letting me know what you think of my card and then head over to Michelle Stewart's Blog and see what artwork she has to share with you.

Happy hoppin'!


13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love the bright flowers and the idea of drawing in the detail with the journaling pen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying so, Michelle. I struggled with how to use the products in a different way, because I have created quite a few things with them already. They are way to fun, beautiful and inspiring!

      Delete
  2. I love that you used the journaling pen to fill in the details. Very pretty and a steady hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michele! I do love the Journaling Pen as a go-to for just that little "extra" on artwork, when needed.

      Delete
  3. I love how you used the journaling pen to really make those details pop! Absolutely beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Catherine! I guess the journal pen additions are a hit with everyone. It just needed a little something...and black always seems to do the trick - be it outlining, paper, accents, etc.

      Delete
  4. Bold & beautiful! I too love the black journaling pen details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! I'm going to keep this in mind for future artwork creations!

      Delete
  5. Great idea with the journaling pen. A new technique for me to try as well with the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying so! Yes! The rolling technique, with the leaves - and almost any other stamp image - is fun! Let me know if you have questions. It's fun and leaves plenty of room for error because I don't think you can go wrong with it! :)

      Delete
  6. Stunning! I am not sure I have a steady enough hand (or the patience) to add the details with the journaling pen, but I love your idea and it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I like the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!