Monday, May 1, 2017

Heart 2 Heart Challenge: "Teeny Tiny"

Welcome to the first Heart 2 Heart Challenge for May 2017! Is it challenging for anyone else to believe May is already here?! Not being in a school setting anymore, I no longer countdown the end of the school year with my students so it seems to roll around unexpectedly the last few years.

This week's challenge is "Teeny Tiny". We hope you will connect to this Heart 2 Heart Challenge and interpret the theme however you see fit, being sure to incorporate Close To My Heart products when you do!
I struggled a bit with the interpretation of the theme but decided to focus on this NEW stamp image, "Scripty Thank You", that has teeny tiny leaves and flowers. Our NEW Oval Thin Cuts are a perfect fit for it.
I totally CASEd this card design from page 54 in our NEW Idea Book that releases today (see details below). The card size is our standard, 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I included the dimensions for this card. Please feel free to use them and consider sharing your artwork with me when you do. I would love to see them!

Artwork tips:
  • Dovetail the Smoothie (blush) and Lemon (yellow) pieces of cardstock.
  • Center the black piece, left to right, and place 1" from the top of the fold.
To color in the image, I used our Shin Han Markers. A little "extra" was added with the White Twine and Pink Enamel Gems. Thin 3-D Foam Tape was used to "pop" the Blossom banner and sentiment.
The patterned paper in the back has a large rose pattern and is from our "Live Beautifully" paper pack (has a coordinating stamp set) that is our special this month in honor of National Scrapbooking Month. It is a definite beauty and something you will want to be sure you buy. Plus, there are a variety of ways to purchase it, including special prices when purchased with additional items! Be sure to check them out!
If you didn't already know, Close To My Heart released new products in their new publication today, "Seasonal Expressions 2" (aka SE2). Contact me if you would like a hard copy of it (and don't currently have a CTMH Consultant) or you also get one FREE when you place an order on my website.

Wishing you a blessed May!

2 comments:

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!