Sunday, April 16, 2017

Cardmaking Workshops Your Way Blog Hop

Welcome to our Blog Hop where we are featuring Close To My Heart's Cardmaking Workshops Your Way, showcasing how you can be creative in your use of the products included in these quality kits. An exclusive stamp set, not available through any other means, is always part of the contents.

If you are coming from Michelle Stewart's Blog, you are on the right track. If you were to get lost along the way, you can find a complete list of participants by clicking here.

I chose to use the floral and leaf images, from the Here for You Cardmaking Kit, to create this bag-a-lope.
"Bag-a-lope?", you ask? Yup! A bag made out of an envelope! They can be made from any size envelope, obviously impacting the resulting size of the bag, that is perfect for those small little treats for anyone who is worthy of a little goodie. 
This bag was made from an envelope to fit a standard-size card (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). 

I first glued the flap of the envelope down, just like you would do for mailing. Then, I trimmed a 1/4" off the top of the bag (which allows for the bag opening). Then I scored, 1/2" on all remaining three sides and proceeded to random-stamp the bag as seen here.  Colors used were: Pansy (purple), Canary (yellow), Willow (green) and Poppy (red). 
Once you fold along the score lines, both backward and forward, you'll see how the bag tags shape. You will have to form it a bit but with some good creases, it will take form. There are two triangles that end up at the bottom of the bag. Those get tucked under and I adhere them with scotch tape.

You can leave the bag front empty or add a sentiment like I have done here. To close the bag, simply punch a holes with a hole punch and tie with a ribbon. Various types of goodies can fill this handmade bag.

(The wider the score lines, the wider your bag. The same is true for thinner score lines. :) Feel free to experiment with various sizes of envelopes.)

I do have the directions typed up for this treat bag. If you would like it, email me at mlisrobinson@gmail.com and put "Bag-a-lope" in the subject line. I am happy to send it to you.

I appreciate you stopping by on this Easter holiday. I hope you have enjoyed a beautiful day wherever you are, spending it in a way that has blessed you.

Please consider leaving me a comment before heading over Darly Recker's Blog to see what she has created.


10 comments:

  1. Love the background done in such bold and bright colours - such a change from the original pink and green. Great project :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying so, Alyson! I thought they were a fun combo!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful project. I so need these directions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melinda! I will send it to you. It was a tried and true throwback project! ;)

      Delete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! I love the background stamping too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda. I've fallen back in love with random-stamping. :)

      Delete
  4. I love the background stamping, it is great, and the colour options are bold and bright. Wonderful choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your kind comments, Michelle. Loved putting together this fun and simple project, with a purpose!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful!! Love this project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!