Saturday, March 21, 2015

Love Ya Silly!

I decided to take on a color challenge found at Color My Heart Color Dare.  We were challenged to incorporate the following Close To My Heart colors into our project:  Black, Cotton Candy, Lagoon, Olive, White Daisy.  I tend to love Pear as my favorite "green", especially with these other colors, so I was forced outside-the-box a bit...and that is never a bad thing.  :)
Here is what I came up with!
The pink pattern is found in the Paper Fundamentals Adventure Assortment.  I used coordinating cardstock for the rest of my paper pieces.  I did paper piece the little monster guy, stamping him originally in Black ink and then again in Cotton Candy (on Cotton Candy paper) and Lagoon cardstock.  Then I cut out the desired pieces.  Pixie Twine, while not Cotton Candy, coordinated nicely with it and I love stamping with the White Daisy ink which is what I did here.
 I used this "Love Ya Silly" stamp set.  Isn't it just precious?!  I have seen it used for birthdays, baby showers, etc.  It is so versatile.
Let me know what you are doing today!  Are you papercrafting?!  If so, what?  I am planning on it.  It is supposed to be a rainy day here in Texas!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute card. Great job on the paper piecing! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying so, Michelle! I love to paper piece!

      Delete
  2. Fabulously fun card, Melissa! I love the little monster image and how he you used the challenge colors to paper piece him. Great job! Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!