Thursday, February 5, 2015

CTMH Paper Focus Blog Hop - Wanderful

If you are coming from Marianne's Blog, you are on the right track.  I happen to be the start of this Wanderful showcase.  A list of participants is provided at the bottom of the list should you want to hop around.

This month, several team members and I are showcasing the Wanderful paper packet.  I am anxious to see what the other girls created with it.  I think it is ideal for vacation layouts but I choose to use it for a card!
I love this polka dot pattern that is included as one of the B&Ts.  Actually, I think I just love most anything that is polka dot.  LOL  I kept this card rather simple, cutting three strips of equal length and layering them on some Kraft cardstock, placing them towards the top of the card.
I stamped two of the butterfly images from this, "You're Own Kind of Wonderful", stamp set and used Cocoa ink.  Using three of our ShinHan markers, I colored them in.  (You can only see two different colors but in order for me to get the Smoothie color out of the markers, I used two different colors and layered them on top of each other.  Explore with your markers when you think you don't have the right tone!)
You know I love me some dimension on my artwork, so I took some 3-D Foam Tape and placed it under the wings of both butterflies.  I also used the markers to color this heart from the Chalk It Up Assortment, also in attempt to make it coordinate with the rest of the card.  And, of course, I always have to use some bling so included it on the body of the butterfly and then after one of my favorite sayings, "Dream Big".  

I hope you like it.

Now, go check out Melissa David's artistic talent!  She is sure to impress!  We truly appreciate you stopping by!

Happy hoppin'!




This month's participants:
  1. Melissa Robinson *YOU ARE HERE
  2. Melissa David
  3. Debi Barber
  4. Aggie Peters
  5. Tonya Whitehurst
  6. Judy Faye Garner
  7. Terry Morrow
  8. Marianne Hancock

12 comments:

  1. that blue just makes everything pop! love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terry. I am really liking Kraft paper this day, feeling it really helps B&Ts pop.

      Delete
  2. I think I might have to get that stamp set. I love the sayings on it. Loving the butterflies too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's one of my favorites, Melissa! You definitely need to get it and it will be especially fun during the spring/summer!

      Delete
  3. Too cute! Love the colored butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! You'd never know the paper came from a travel themed pack!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, I love, love this stamp set and have been working with it this week, Great minds. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw something fun I want to try with this stamp set! Maybe tomorrow! :)

      Delete
  6. WOW --the butterflies are beautiful and so is the card! I am going to have to explore creating new colors with our markers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tonya! Yes...I was like how am I going to get this color and I just kept blending - and it worked! LOVE when that happens. LOL

      Delete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!