Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Congratulations on Your Exciting News!

Creating this card was fun and I like the look of it.  I placed washi tape across the middle of the card and used it as a "mask", random stamping the images from this month's Stamp of the Month in a diagonal pattern.
By removing the washi tape, a blank area was left where I stamped the sentiment in black ink.  I layered it on Cranberry cardstock, creating a matte, and this is what resulted.  I love the simple but clean look of this technique (which I saw somewhere but I cannot find where; it was not an original design).

The color combination chosen - Goldrush, Lagoon, Cranberry and Desert Sand - were inspired from a challenge at Heart 2 Heart Challenges a month ago.  (I created it to participate in the challenge and never posted it.  Oops!  Oh well, I still like it and am glad I gave the colors a try.)  Upon creation, I had no idea the reason for this sentiment but now I know...it will be sent to someone to whom it applies.

Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!