Sunday, August 31, 2014

Family Is Forever - September Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop where we are showcasing fun artwork using the "Family is Forever" set.  There are 80 Consultants participating this month so you should find many gems along the way!   

If you are coming from Nikka's Blog, you are on the right track.  The Blog Hop starts at Melinda's Blog if you were to get lost along the way.

I chose to use our Paper Fundamentals Basic Assortment to create this card.  The package includes 20 double-sided, 12" x 12" sheets (2 each of 10 designs) with the same design on both sides, one side with a glossy resist pattern.  It comes in the Basics color palette to include black and shades of brown and grey.

I selected the heart pattern and, using a Sponge Dauber, applied Pixie Ink (aka "The New Pink" lol) to the textured paper.  The white hearts became a soft pink, providing a soft touch to this card.  Too fun, right?!  Can you imagine using black with bright colors of ink, even for Halloween?!  Oohh!  I may make a card with that idea in mind!  Stay tuned!

Here is a closeup of the focal point. You can see I incorporated several images from the stamp set (pictured below).  I used 3-D Foam Tape to add some dimension and included a Clear Sparkle that I made pink using the Tender Pink ShinHan Marker.  I just colored the sparkle!  That's it!  I also added two hearts from the Chalk It Up Assortment, also coloring them with the sponge dauber so they would match the rest of the color scheme.
I really love this stamp set as the various images really allow for versatility.  It can be yours for just $5 with a qualifying $50 purchase.  (You can find details here!)

Hop on over to Michele's Blog where you will find some fun artwork, no doubt.  :)  Before you do so, I would love to hear from you!

Enjoy this fabulous Labor Day weekend and Happy Hoppin'!


19 comments:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL card!! I love your use of the stamps in this set...thanks for helping me think outside the box! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for saying so, Krista! I'm appreciative of your comments and was proud of my li'l creation! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that and love the way you colored the little hearts. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! I love the way you think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww...shucks, Tina! I tend to think I don't think outside the box so am thankful for you saying that.

      Delete
  5. This is just too adorable, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! And I love that you sponged the Pixie ink on there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! I love the pop of pink! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!