Monday, August 11, 2014

Dream Card & Painter's Tape Technique

I have been seeing several cards made using the Painter's Tape Technique and I loved how they looked.  So...I decided to try it myself and am so glad I did.  I think I just found another addition.  :)

How did I do it?  I actually used masking tape because I did not have any Painter's Tape on-hand and it worked just fine.  (Using painter's tape would make the stripes a little bit wider.)  I took a piece of masking tape, a little longer than the piece of white CS where I wanted to place it and inked it up on my ink pad using my fingers.  (The video I watched and followed, created by Deb Valder, shows how to rub your finger on the tape so that you do not get the edges of the tape inked up.  Click here to watch her video.)  Then, I placed it on the cardstock, rubbed my finger over it in the same fashion and here were the results!
I used black ink for the two images from the "Dreamer" stamp set and colored in the flower in her hair using the Turquoise Blue ShinHan Marker.  I added a Bitty Sparkle to the flower center and layered it on Thistle Cardstock.
I love the look of this card and you can bet I will be making plenty more using this technique.  Give it a try!  I am sure you will fall in love with it too!

Make it a GREAT week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!