Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Technique Hop - Annual Inspirations Sneak Peek

Close To My Heart's Idea Book, to be called "Annual Inspirations" once it goes live on August 1st, is full of beautiful artwork and fun techniques.  During today's hop, we will be showcasing some of the various techniques highlighted throughout the book.  You will definitely want to get your hand on a hard copy.  If I can help you with that, let me know!

This hop is one big circle and consists of seven participants.  You can start at the beginning by visiting Debi's Blog, or you can continue to proceed through the link I have provided below so you can move through all the artwork.  If you are coming from Haley's Blog, you are on the right track!  I know you will be inspired by all that you are about to see so sit back, relax, and enjoy!

I decided to focus on the technique called, "Charmed, I'm Sure" (which will be found on page 133).  It encourages incorporating our cute charms from our jewelry line, Base & Bling, to bling out your papercrafts.  (You get 6 charms for just $3.95!  That is a great deal!)  Here is how I decided to add a little "charm" to my project!
I decorated one of our My Creations Kraft Containers.  The stamp set used is "Girl's Rock" and I incorporated a resin flower from the Ivy Lane Assortment for the center of the flower.  (The striped paper used is from Skylark and then I incorporated some Cotton Candy and Ultra White cardstock.)

Here is a close-up of the charms.  I strung them on some the Slate color from the Baker's Twine Neutral Metallic Assortment and also used Slate Polka-Dot Washi Tape for a little added texture and to coordinate with the Baker's Twine. 
It was fun, while at Convention, seeing the various ways to incorporate our darling charms into various projects and not just for our Jewelry Line.  This hop definitely made me step out of my box and I am so glad I did!  I hope I have inspired you to do the same.

Please take a moment to leave a comment before moving onto Tonya's Blog.

Happy hoppin'!

7 comments:

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!