Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Can't get enough of Laughing Lola!

I enjoy sketch challenges because if you do not know me very well...it's very seldom that I can come up with an idea completely out of the air.  However, give me a little jump-start and I am able to put my own little twist on things.  

The sketch I used for these cards comes from Sketch Challenge #194 from this blog.  One of the things I especially appreciate about this blog challenge is that they provide the dimensions - NO GUESSING!  Gotta love that!  
194 Sketch (Oct 13)
This card sketch had quite a bit of layers but I think that added to the overall design of this card.  With the busy B&T pattern from the Laughing Lola paper packet I feel it helped to soften it a bit and just made the overall card more fun.  

 I did paper-piece the gift image and included a little Silver Glitter Gel and Black Mini Medley Accents Collection to spice things up a bit.
With a little Black Hemp, I felt that is all this card needed.  Oh!  The heart was stamped on B&T and then cut out and glued on top of the heart image from the stamp set.  (A tad bit of paper-piecing.)

I continue to use the "M-size" stamp sets from Close To My Heart for the sentiments/focal points on these two cards.  They are a perfect size that fit into most spaces and only cost $2.95 each!  Click here to view the "I Love You" image and the "Gift" image.

All products used are from Close To My Heart.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!