Saturday, August 3, 2013

New Product BLOG HOP

I am excited to participate in this fabulous opportunity to showcase artwork made with Close To My Heart's newest products.  (See the bottom of this blog post for more blogs to check out.)  Many thanks to Tresa Black for allowing me to participate in this artwork "exchange" via a Blog Hop!
Using the "Love This" stamp set - one of the many freebies we received at Convention in late June - I created this 8" x 3 1/2" card.  I stamped the butterflies in black ink and used our Exclusive Markers to color in the images.
If you will notice, I "randomly" (but with some intention - lol) stamped the butterflies in a triangular pattern and rotated the image as I did.  This is a technique called "random stamping" and is a fun way to create patterned paper to suit a specific theme or color.

I used our Exclusive Marker Sets to color in the images, incorporated a fun border pattern from the stamp set for the strip of CS, and used one of our new "M-size" stamp sets (there are 8 to choose from) for the focal point.  I enjoyed being able to select the color scheme for this card and chose not to incorporate any B&T on this one; just cardstock.

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my creation!  Please let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.  (Don't forget to check out the other creations below!)

I intend on spending the rest of the day today papercraftin' so please stop by again and see what other artwork items I have to share.  Have a blessed and happy Saturday!






*This blog hop is open for members of the CTMH Blog Boosters. Please do not enter if you are not a member of the group.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the colors! I have been making cards with the Love This stamp set too and that butterfly is the perfect shape for random stamping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Wendy! I am really liking the images in that stamp set! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty card!! Love the butterflies and the colors! So bright & cheery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all about the BRIGHT colors, Pam! Brighter is better! Thank you for your kind comment.

      Delete
  3. The card is so pretty! I like the way you showcased the markers - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori. I enjoy working with our markers and really love the sharp shades. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. The colors are fantastic! Love your card and happy you joined the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I particularly love your butterflies! I can't wait to get mine!! So beautiful! Thank you for sharing this lovely design with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card, the butterflies are just great. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the butterflies! I might have to use this idea for one of my gatherings. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card makes me so happy :)...those bright colors are beautiful for the butterfly! Now, another stamp set added to my "to create" list! TFS!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!