Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Grandma Rita

I love, love, love my maternal grandparents!  I am blessed to have spent my entire lifetime around these awesome people and have some fond memories of our times together.
I shared the most awesome time with my grandmother this past weekend.  She had a minor stroke over a month ago and my hubby and I stopped by to see her on Saturday and Sunday.

We laughed so hard on both occasions, about the funniest things, and she totally was "herself".  She kept saying how she loved me so much as her first grandchild and that I was her favorite.  (Shhhh...don't tell my sister or my cousins.  LOL)  

My grandma and I have always shared a special bond.  We grew up living up the street and around the corner from my grandparents so she took care of us on sick days, as we got off the bus, and sometimes when my parents needed a sitter.  She is the one who got me hooked on "poked eggs" (aka "over easy" if you are not familiar with our slang term).  LOL  She would make me two eggs, any time I was around her and my grandpa for breakfast.  Of course, it was not a complete breakfast without some toast...sliced in strips so I could enjoy my egg.  (I know.  You're thinking...SPOILED, right?)  :0)

I love my grandma dearly and am thankful for every minute I am given an opportunity to spend time with her.

Thankful for my grandparents,



2 comments:

  1. What a sweet story! I can appreciate toast in strips and I still ask for them the minute I start getting sick. I call mine fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandmothers have the tendency to spoil us rotten. :) Mine totally did, and I'll never be more than thankful. Now that's she's too old and weak to any chores at all, I want to make sure she's not alone and there are people trained to give care of her. =)

    Taneka Carl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!