Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

Happy New Year!  I am thankful to a God who has allowed me to see this day and who continues to bless me just as He promised!

If you have been reading my blog for long, you know I love a fresh start and I am especially thrilled for this one.  There are so many things I am expecting in 2013 and I am charged up and ready to move forward towards all that lies ahead!  Thank you for reading my blog and stay tuned for all that is in store for this new year.

I had fun creating this card just a couple of days ago.  I used the December and November Stamp of the month stamp sets to create this fun card!  A list of supplies I used is provided below but would you like to know how I got the multi-color effect on the stamped image?  I put Scotch tape over the portion of the image I did not want to ink up, inked the image, REMOVED THE TAPE (don't forget this step) and then stamped the image where desired.  I repeated this process to achieve the three different colors on the focal point.  Cool huh?  This stamp set is perfect for that but it's only available for a few more days!




Supply List:

  • S1211 November:  Capture the Date SOTM (no longer available but you can use another stamp set for the numbers)
  • S1212 December:  Year-Round Cheer SOTM (available through January 5, 2013 - contact me directly or click here to place an order)
  • D1530 Cricut Artiste Collection Kudos (only available when you purchase the Artiste Cartridge - click here for details)
  • X5761 Sky Cardstock
  • 1386 Black Cardstock
  • Z1799 Silver Shimmer Trim - It's self-adhesive!  
  • Smoothie Polka Dot B&T Paper from a retired paper packet (you can use any coordinating B&T of your choice)
  • Z578 Corner Rounder (to create the scallops)

 Here's to a fresh start and the best year yet!


1 comment:

  1. Scotch tape on the stamp is a brilliant idea! I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!