Monday, May 7, 2012

National Scrapbook Day Event

I am fresh and rejuvenated today after spending the weekend croppin' with my scrapbooking friends and team members in celebration of National Scrapbook Day.

We gathered at my friend Angie's retreat and on Saturday...there were 20 of us scrappin'!  It was a great time and just what I needed.

As hostess, I usually try and make a few goodies for my guests and I am thankful that I pulled through with some easy but goodies.  LOL

This is a sticky note holder made with the Cricut, using our exclusive Art Philosophy cartridge.  I followed the directions from my friend Pamela O'Connor's blog.  It was super easy, came together super quick and is purposeful.  Gotta love when all those things come together for a fun treat!
Upon arrival, each guest had this place card sitting at their spot.  I should have taken a side view photo of it as there are three Hershey's kisses housed inside.  This idea came from a retreat favor made by a team adoptee, Wanda Cincar.
And lastly...this cute little purse, which holds a Hershey's Nugget, is perfect for this time of the year, especially with Mother's Day around the corner.  It would make a cute favor for a tea, baby shower, etc.  I believe I first saw this made by my friend, Debi McBain, and I have created it a couple of times since.
All of these items were made using our May-exclusive "Dotty for You" paper packet (only available through the end of the month).
Everyone seemed to love their goodies and I am thankful.  I love making things that put a smile on the faces of those who receive them.  

I had a fabulous weekend and am thankful to Angie for allowing us to invade the house!  

Happy Monday,

1 comment:

  1. I had a blast :) thank you for hosting! Can't wait to go back!

    Tawnya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!