Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Beyond Base & Shade Stamping Blog Hop

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop! This month there are 11 of us highlighting the “Beyond Base and Shade Stamping” Technique as shown on page 11 in the Spring/Summer 2011 Idea Book! This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique. If you would like to start from the beginning, please visit this link.  While there you will also find a listing of all participants and their blog addresses if you should get lost or want to reference a blog along the way. Let’s get started!

If you are coming from Kelly's Blog, you are on the right track! This technique is highlighted with the Bliss paper packet in the Idea Book but you will find variations for its’ use through this hop. 

I used the Sophia paper packet (my absolute favorite), Friendship Blessings and Card Chatter-Sympathy to create this card, incorporating this month's technique.  

I stamped the outline image in Black ink and the shade image in Blush.  Using a Sponge Dauber and Hollyhock Ink to texturize the edges of the flowers.  I used a BIG white brad, white button and pink button for the centers of the flowers.  The flowers were stamped in second generation Pear and then inked in Pear on the edges.

Please continue onto Rebecca's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - cutest card and I love the flowers how they are layered and dimensional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Kelly both had a great idea to use the Friendship Blessings stamp set! I love the pop of black you've created with the shade images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are so cool & refreshing. Love it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!