Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Favorite Birthday Memories!

I am thankful and blessed my parents made the drive from Silver City, NM to Arlington, TX to help me celebrate my birthday!  Out of the twelve years I have been married, they have only helped me celebrate once, in 2003, so this year was extremely special!

We did lots of things during their visit but I first wanted to share highlights of my birthday...

We started out my birthday weekend with dinner on Saturday at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in downtown Fort Worth.  The atmosphere was wonderful and the food, phenomenal.  I had a petite steak, some yummy garlic potatoes and some birthday dessert.  We topped off the night going to a Jazz club and were enterained with a couple that took dancing way too serious!  lol

Sunday morning, Corey surprised me and my parents with a scrumptous breakfast (pictured here).  He is a fabulous cook and I usually tease him that he does not allow me to confirm that often.  :0)
I received some fun birthday gifts including a beautiful bouquet of flowers, a Clip It Up (for my CTMH embellishments - a picture to come later), a cute black and green polka dotted bag for my Cricut, and some fun spending money.  I have already used some of my birthday money to buy a new chair for my workspace desk (will also share later).

Sunday afternoon we made a trip to Dave & Buster's for some fun and games!  We started with Shuffle Board - Corey and my Mom vs. me and my Dad.  It was the first time my parents had played and we had a great time!

My Dad and I won!

After spending quite a bit of time at Dave & Buster's, we headed to the House of Blues in downtown Dallas so my parents could see it.  We have only been there one time prior but it was on a Saturday night and was completely packed so it was nice to be able to move with freedom.

Then we headed to dinner at Fireside in Highland Park where we ate some delicious wood-fired oven pizzas that were delicious!  To top off the night we had a tasty ice cream cake from Baskin & Robbins - white cake and Oreo Cookie ice cream.  YUM!
My birthday weekend was wonderful and one that I will treasure for a long time to come.  Thanks for sharing this special time with me, Mom and Dad. I appreciate it very much...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!