Sunday, June 27, 2010

Childhood Friends

Two years ago when I lived in North Carolina, my cheerleaders held a fundraiser event - a Fly-In - at one of the girl's family's airplane strips.  We had a great day and I even received a private ride.  It was fabulous!

Of course, I was taking numerous pictures this day when a lady stopped me and asked if I would take a photo of her father (on the left) and his childhood friend. They had become friends in 1938 and had reunited this day, sharing some fun memories with those of us who listened in.  I told the lady that I would send her the picture and never had.  Instead I created this layout this past weekend and will be mailing it to her and my cheerleader's Mom whose Father-in-law is the man on the right.  I hope they like it!  (The ribbon on the right side of the photo contains journaling.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!