Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Altered Pocket Calendars


One of the reasons I joined Close To My Heart over eleven years ago was because of the inexpensive gifts I could make and this fact still holds true!  I love finding a good bargain and did so with these pocket calendars.


I enjoy frequenting the discount sections of stores to see what is alterable.  Last week I found these pocket calendars in the Dollar Spot section of Target for 75% off!  I was able to buy 4 of them for just $1 - what a steal!  Usually when I find them I tend to look inside to make sure the "decorations" inside are not too overpowering so that I have some CTMH products that I can make a cover with.  As soon as I saw the insides, it made me think of "Be Yourself" (one of our past and cutest Stamp of the Months) and so that's what I used on the covers.  I was able to use scraps of paper and hope they will find a great home.  I intend on using them for some gifts for friends and business events.  These always make great gifts at the start of a new year!  Of course, I will be sure to make and include a coordinating pen just have not made those yet to include in the photo.




Here are a few more that I have made over the last month or so.





This one is mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!